As broken on Breitbart’s Big Government site, there is a new scandal brewing involving the NEA and the Obama Administration. The story, brought to public attention by Patrick Courrielche, is shocking and should disturb every citizen. Unfortunately, some on the left see it as much to do about nothing, while others pathetically try to find a way to place blame for this at the feet of Republicans. Patrick Courrielche does a fine job of detailing the key events of this story,
On August 10th, the National Endowment for the Arts, the White House Office of Public Engagement, and the Corporation for National and Community Service hosted a conference call with a handpicked arts group. This arts group played a key role in Obama’s arts effort during his election campaign, as declared by the organizers of the call, and many on the call played a role in the now famous Obama Hope poster.
Much of the talk on the conference call was a build up to what the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) was specifically asking of this group. In the following segment, Buffy Wicks, Deputy Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement, clearly identifies this arts group as a pro-Obama collective and warns them of some “specific asks” that will be delivered later in the meeting.
Buffy Wicks, Deputy Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement:
* “I just first of all want to thank everyone for being on the call and just a deep deep appreciation for all the work you all put into the campaign for the 2+ years we all worked together.”
* “We won.”
* “I’m actually in the White House and working towards furthering this agenda, this very aggressive agenda.”
* “We’re going to come at you with some specific asks here.”
* “I hope you guys are ready.”
Later in the call, “specific asks” were delivered by Yosi Sergant, then Communications Director of the National Endowment for the Arts. What were the “asks”? They were for this pro-Obama arts group to create art on several hotly debated political issues, including health care:
Yosi Sergant, former Communications Director of the National Endowment for the Arts:
* “I would encourage you to pick something, whether it’s health care, education, the environment, you know, there’s four key areas that the corporation has identified as the areas of service.”
* “And then my ask would be to apply artistic, you know, your artistic creative communities utilities and bring them to the table.”
* “Again, I’m really, really honored to be working with you; the National Endowment for the Arts is really honored.”
* “You’re going to see a lot more of us in the next four and hopefully eight years.”
This administration is attempting to use the NEA to further its agenda and they are doing it with taxpayer money. Taxpayers are paying “artists” asked, by the Obama Administration, to produce art that is meant to support a partisan agenda that many Americans oppose. Recently, Breitbart’s Big Government broke another major story, which involved ACORN office staff advising a girl, posing as a prostitute, to list herself as a performance artist for tax purposes. Given the way these artists performed for the Obama Administration, perhaps the ACORN staffer was closer to the truth than she realized.